If you told me two years ago that I would be running a half-marathon in three days, I would have thought you were insane in the membrane. "Why on earth would someone run more than three miles at a time? THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY NIGHTMARE." I just didn't get it...until last year. Everyone has their own timing. I ran my first half-marathon in 2012. One day, I'd like to run a full marathon. Why? I found my own reasons to run.
Who knows, maybe you'll surprise yourself too.
Why I'm Running 13.1 Miles on Sunday
1. My mom. // My main motivation. If she can do it, so can I.
2. The endorphin high. // It's real and I'm addicted.
3. Everyone gets a medal. // It's like an award show for runners and everyone wins.
4. To accomplish something challenging. // There's nothing like crossing the finish line.
5. Being healthy is important to me. // Fit is hot, fat is not.
6. Positive outlet for stress. // Anxiety can suck it.
7. Runners look good naked. // Burn calories while building lean muscle. Win.
8. I adore the screaming crowds. // Strangers cheering me on for two hours? Kind of amazing.
9. Because I can. // I am 24 and can feel my legs. No excuses.
10. Anything to avoid the Super Bowl.