Friday, February 8, 2013

Comeback

Oh, I love a good comeback story.  Most of us have them.  I hear inspirational stories almost daily because of the people I surround myself with.  However, I'd like to discuss a less anonymous story with you.  Three days ago, Olympic gold medalist, Lindsey Vonn, had an awful skiing accident at the World Championships in Austria.  The crash resulted in two torn ligaments in her right knee and a broken bone in her lower leg.  Despite the fact that she may be sidelined in recovery for up to 8 months, Vonn still plans on competing in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.  Rather than wallow in her setback, the Olympian confidently stated, "I can assure you that I will work as hard as humanly possible to be ready to represent my country next year in Sochi."  In other words, she refuses to give up. 

Can you imagine breaking your body AND dating Tiger Woods at the same time?  Ugh.  Maybe you're dealing with your own setback right now.  Giving up might seem like the easier option [because it is] but you got this.  It all comes down to what's stirring in that head of yours.  Perception is an incredibly powerful thing.  It is entirely up to us how we handle the ups and downs of life.  Life isn't always fair but we get to decide how we react.  I needed to remind myself that today.  Thanks, you fearless bitch.  

3 comments:

  1. I kinda disagree that it would be easier to give up....losing your inspiration would be harder. Sitting on the sidelines would be agonizing, so keeping your hopes alive & focusing on your olympic dreams would be easier. The alternative is just sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been easy for you to give up when you ran that marathon. You could have started walking but you ran the whole thing. It would be easy for me to pick up a drink and give up on my life, but I refuse. I think Lindsey Vonn could easily give up too...but why would she? Her dreams are bigger than her fears.
    Love you, mom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from
    an established blog. Is it very hard to set up your own blog?
    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about
    making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

    My homepage; helpful resource

    ReplyDelete