Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sister Saturday: An Unofficial Holiday










It is well past my bedtime.  I just returned home from Erika's place in Culver City.  If you've read my article, 10 Reasons Why Having a Sister Makes Life Infinitely Better (or if you know me at all), you know that my sister, Erika, is one of my favorite people on the planet.  Because we don't live together, we make sure to plan plenty of sister dates.  I have a passion for getting out of suburbia any chance I can get, so we spent yesterday in her 'hood: Los Angeles.  Besides the traffic congestion that will take five years off of your life, LA is fabulous.  I so enjoy that even a seemingly ordinary stop in this city can surprise you.  Like when we found a Bansky piece against the white wall of a West Hollwood gas station.  Or when we were scared to get out of the car because of the crack-addict "vibe" in front of Ralph's.  Hey, it's a price you have to pay to live in a magical town where there are cafes on every street corner. We stopped at Urth Cafe for veggie quesadillas and coconut boba.  Then it was off to the Santa Monica Pier.  We walked through the crowd, took in the postcard-worthy view, and eventually made a stop at Lush to buy blueberry face masks that we would later apply while watching Orange is the New Black.  We ate cronuts from DK Donuts, found FREE parking, and shopped at Space 15-Twenty.  The last thing I shoveled into my mouth was Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream and I don't even feel bad about it.  Now that's a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment