Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Tracks // Vol. 3

I'm sitting in Starbucks with my bulky yellow headphones on.  Girls, Vol. 1 (Music from the HBO Original Series) is entering my ears and vibrating throughout my entire body.  A tall cup of black coffee is on my right, sunlight is streaming through the window on my left.  There's an old woman in front of me carefully dissecting her breakfast sandwich.  An attractive man in blue is flirting with the female barista.  People are yawning in between sips of espresso.  The people watching in suburbia does not even begin to compare to my old stomping grounds in San Francisco, but I'll take what I can get.  

Thursday has become my favorite day of the week.  Putting together a playlist for ya'll is fun for me.  As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, Pitchfork is where I find most of my music.  Another site that has upgraded my musical life is Hype Machine.  I just can't get enough.

The following songs are my most played of the week.  Some may sound familiar while others are newly released.  Speaking of new releases, I'm still trying to decide if I like Justin Timberlake's long-awaited single, Suit and Tie.  I love me some Justin, I do, but Suit and Tie is not making the cut this week.  However, you can still get your JT fix by listening to No. 6, Another, a flipped version of Timberlake's, My Love.


 Thursday Tracks // Vol. 3


1. Yours Forever // Generationals
2.  Wicked Games // Coeur de Pirate
3.  Glass // MO
4.  Treat Me Like Fire // Lion Babe
5.  Big Jet Plane // Angus & Julia Stone
6.  Another // Andrea
7.  Fool to Cry // Tegan & Sara
8.  Let's Make You Pregnant // Papa
9.  High For This // Ellie Goulding
10.  Obedear // Purity Ring
11.  Something Good // Alt-J
12.  Sweater Weather // The Neighbourhood 

xox,

E

P.S.  Turn it up & let me know what you think.  I always love your feedback.


1 comment: