Sunday, February 17, 2013

FUCK YES


It's time to shake things up.

I, Elin Marie Van Atta, resolve to say "Yes" [more] to life.  Alright, that sounds like I'm some kind of house plant.  I have a life.  Truth is, I just feel like I've been missing out on some real exciting opportunities lately.  Things have become too predictable for my liking.  

For example, when asked to see Papa (two weeks in a row by two different people) perform in LA, I said "No, thank you" both times.  What?! Alright, one of those times I had to take my mom to the ER.  But the other time?  I chose to go on a run and get some sleep.  While taking care of oneself is important, I regretted missing out on the show.  I love live music!  And it still bothers me that I didn't go to my friend's birthday party on Friday because I wasn't feeling well.  I don't want to look back on my 20's and wonder what I missed out on.  And hello, THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. 

Conclusion:  I resolve to make more time for random rendezvous and spontaneous parties.  Even if I would rather start reading A Passage To India, I resolve to say "yes" to the unplanned.  Why?  Because regrets suck and I can sleep when I'm dead.  Do I need any other reason?  Let's go out.  

But like, on a budget.  I'm between jobs.  

xx,


No comments:

Post a Comment