Friday, February 15, 2013

Memory Trigger

My glasses are on.  This can only mean one thing.  Yes, I'm still under the weather. I felt so much better yesterday.  Must have been temporarily cured by all the Valentine's love in the air.  Today, Cupid is gone.  I'm wearing a breezy slip yet I'm burning up.  Also, in more dramatic news, a ten ton meteor hit the Earth.  What is going *on*?  This week has been kind of awful but that means that next week has got to be better, right?  Silver lining. 

I overheard the following song just now and wanted to share it with you all.  If you've known me for awhile, you are probably aware of my adoration for Zero 7.  The best birthday gift (until last year) that I have ever received was a ticket to see them perform live at The House of Blues in San Diego.  Dream come true.  

You know how some songs trigger a specific memory no matter how much time has passed?  You know...a song that makes your heart drop into your stomach?  A song that stops you in your tracks.  In The Waiting  Line is one of those songs for me.  Unexpectedly, even after all this time, overhearing this song gave me body chills.  While the memory associated with this track twists my heart a little bit, I still love it.  


xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment