Thursday, March 28, 2013

HIIT it.

I am so bored by the elliptical, the pavement, my workout DVDs.  Honestly.  I'll lose my mind if I do Jessica Smith's Look Better Naked routine one more time.  It's time for a new challenge.  Therefore, I'm trying HIIT:  High Intensity Interval Training. 

HIIT is all about speed.  Basically, you run, bike, or swim like a lunatic for a short burst and then have an active recovery period.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.  From what I've heard, it's intense and burns more calories than your average workout.   For those of you looking to lose a few pounds, high intensity interval training ramps up fat burning and is ideal for weight loss. 

I'll be using the following chart tomorrow when I run the treadmill at the gym.   Goodbye Jessica Smith.  Hello supercharged endorphins.
 


xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment