Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Teeth Fell Out.


Two nights ago, I had a dream [or more accurately ...a nightmare] that my teeth fell out.  And not in the "oops, my tooth fell out, call the tooth fairy" kind of way.  There was blood everywhere and it was a hot effing mess.  As I recall, it felt like my teeth were crumbling out of my mouth for hours and there was nothing I could do about it.  I was alone and terrified.  Despite how real this incident felt, I was immensely relieved to wake up with a full set of pearly whites.  It was just a bad dream.  But what did it mean?  Cup of coffee in hand, my head said, "Google it."  And so I did.

According to TeethFallingOutDream.org [NO JOKE], dreams about losing your teeth are common indicators of anxiety and sometimes depressive states.  Such dreams are common during times of transition and may symbolize the ambivalence over a decision that you have made.  Furthermore, these particular dreams tend to signify feelings of helplessness and lack of control over one’s life circumstances.  

Okay, so that's why I had that dream.  It makes sense.  I'm definitely dealing with all the emotions that come along with transitioning.  In fact, transition feels like everything right now.  All at once, I'm trying to find the right job, transfer to the right University, choose the best Pilates certification program...etc.  Oh, and stay sober no matter what.  So, anxiety?  I got some of that.  But you know what?  Life is really good today and I have a feeling that I won't be having any bloody dreams tonight.  

Today, my life is far from a nightmare.


xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment