Friday, July 5, 2013

Real Talk



To quote a little black man named Usher: "These are my confessions."

I never finished The Great Gatsby.  And the movie was just okay.

I tend to get into relationships where I end up missing the person more than I actually see them, and I don't know why this is.

I don't know how to deal with my mom's illness.

Getting sober is the best thing I've done for myself in 24 years.

I have big dreams.  So big that they sometimes keep me awake at night.  I mean, why do you think I drink so much coffee?

I don't care about what you think about me.

I almost got a nose job in 8th grade, post-7th-grade-bullying-massacre.  My dad took me to the consultation.  Before-and-After photos were processed with a virtual simulator.  However, I did not go through with it.  Obviously.  And that's why I still snore (RARELY) and get asked if I'm Persian (A LOT).

I am legitimately turned off by poor grammar.  I once dated a 26 year old dude who did not know the difference between your/you're and their/there/they're.  The relationship only lasted a few months.  But that was mostly because he was a compulsive liar.

Saying "fuck" or any other curse word out loud feels and sounds totally awkward coming from my mouth.  I can only pull it off if I'm fucking angry.

I am just as happy going to the movies alone as I am going with a friend.

I used to have an eating disorder that brought me down to 100 pounds.  I still find it miraculous that I can eat a pizza today with almost no regret whatsoever.

The best advice I've received this past year:  Stay in the present.

I'm a huge dork.  And if I feel comfortable with you, I'm an ever bigger one.

I am one poke away from deleting my Facebook account because it gives me a n x i e t y.


Speak your mind.

xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment