Monday, March 10, 2014

M O N D A Y

Lena Dunham got naked on another television show.


The finale of The Bachelor is tonight and I'm tuning in.  Everyone has their guilty pleasure, right?  Mine is this train-wreck of a show.  So whoever they choose to be the leading man, I have to sit through every rose ceremony and drunken cat fight regardless of my feelings for him.  I just have to, okay?  This season's bachelor, Juan Pablo, will be choosing his wife tonight.  I'm not gonna lie, writing that sentence was awkward.  "Choosing his wife"?  What is this?  Cambodia?  What I'm trying to say is:  After 7 weeks, Juan Pablo will finally choose his leading lady from a group of 25 women.  Yuck, that sounds even worse.  And btdubs, Juan Pablo is attractive.  And terrible.  So terrible that it doesn't even matter that he's attractive.  Ya dig?  He simply indulges the stereotype that hot guys have cheese puffs for brains.  His inability to carry on a quality conversation with any of the women on the show is...quality television.

Things are really working out with school this time around, which certainly can be attributed to my sobriety.  I'm all kinds of happy that I aced almost all of my midterms this past month.  Proud to be 1.5 years sober.  Grateful to just be...me.

My girlfriend, Alexxis, signed me up for the Wings for Life World Run on May 4th.  It is an incredibly unique event in which 40 countries will race together, simultaneously.  This has never been done before.  Even though I can't afford it, Lex insisted on paying for my spot because she wants to bond with me over the physical pain of running a long distance race at 3am.  Such a good friend.  

In order to save money, I've made a few changes in my life.  For one, I cancelled my gym membership.  I now have complimentary access to a fancy smancy gym at CSULB so LA Fitness became an unnecessary luxury.  However, when I find myself at home antsy to get my adrenaline pumping, I partake in Blogilates.  It's a thing.  Youtube it if you'd like.   The certified Pilates instructor, Casey Ho, is a little cray cray (think valley girl on methamphetamine) but the workouts are killer.  I've been doing about four videos a day and my body is cursing me for it.  But in a good way.

I like Mondays.  I think they're underrated.

xx,

E





1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the Bachelor. It's like, even though I didn't want to watch this season I just..did. Compulsion? Nostalgia? Who knows, but everyone this season had rocks for brains.
    Also, the world race sounds rad.

    ReplyDelete