Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Little Prince



"Of course I'll hurt you.  Of course you'll hurt me.  Of course we will hurt each other.  But this is the very condition of existence.  To become spring means accepting the risk of winter.  To become presence means accepting the risk of absence."  -The Little Prince

Love is undeniably powerful.  It's explosive.  It's unique.  It's yours to share with one person and no one else.  What an exceptional feeling it is to love and be loved.  There is so much strength in that.  Some people say that love isn't enough but my inner-hippy disagrees.  If you love someone, that's all that matters.  Just make sure they love you too.  That's the tricky part.  Don't be a fool in love.  The other day, I overheard a superhuman couple being interviewed on The Talk.  [Note: I said I overheard the interview.  I was not WATCHING The Talk.  How embarrassing would that be.]  Anyways, the couple revealed that after three years together, they had never been in a fight.  I'm here to tell you that that is rare and probably bullshit.  At some point, miscommunication will ensue and feelings may be hurt.  That's okay.  Men are from Mars.  What matters is that you're with someone who acknowledges those feelings and makes you feel like you're magic.  I've already learned a lot about myself this year.  I learned that maybe I'm too much of an open book.  I like the fact that I can be vulnerable and honest with people but maybe I should slow my tongue.  Perhaps I should keep more to myself.  And tonight I learned that no matter how much I want to be that person who doesn't drink but still goes out to the bars, I don't feel comfortable or have fun being in that atmosphere anymore.  I wish weekends didn't revolve around an open tab.  I wish I was...with you.  Or at The Groundlings.  Damn, I love that place.

xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment