Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's That Time Again

It begins tomorrow night.  
The adventure, that is.  It's summertime and I work retail.  I'm getting the hell outta here.

When I was in the early-to-mid stages of what would be my most-awkward phase ever (imagine hand-cut bangs, braces, AND glasses simultaneously), I camped a lot with my family.  We went to Joshua Tree most of the time, but on one occasion we made a trip to the Sequoias.  I can barely remember it, but I have a photo of me sitting in front of a majestic waterfall, my loyal pup to my left, with a gigantic smile on my face.  I'm going back.

I'm 25 years old.  Before I know it, I'll (finally) be done with school and working a job that doesn't allow as much flexibility as the one I have now.  It's time to recreate my camp memories, except this time I'll be with my boyfriend and two of his friends.  I can hardly wait.

What I'm looking forward to the most:
S'mores
Hiking everywhere, all day, for five days
The possibility of venturing further north to Yosemite
Seeing how long I can grow my leg hairs
Exploring with my man
Meeting Andrew & Nicole
Making animal friends
Not making animal friends
Animal cookies
Taking lots and lots of pictures to share with you when I get back
Separating from my iphone
Being surrounded by nature!

I mean, is there a better time than now for adventure?

Where are you going this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment