Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Break the Habit

I did not make any New Year's resolutions this year.  
What an unnecessary way to stress oneself out.  I mean, you're going to make a resolution for an entire year?  Polls show that 88% of people fail their resolutions before the end of the first month.  Sign me OUT.  Take it one day at a time, people.  I don't have a "goal weight" to reach by "insert date here".  Speaking of that resolution, have you noticed that there has been a significant drop in gym participants today?  


HOWEVER.  My partner-in-chocolate-crime [Erika] and I have been making batches of brownies every other day since the holiday trifecta began.  The holidays have not ceased in the Van Atta household.  I kid you not, our Christmas tree is still up.  Also, I refuse to take down my sassy Christmas wreath from my bedroom wall.  We're eating chocolate around here like it's going out of business.  But I'm calling an end to the sugar-coated madness. 

I miss kale.  Green drinks.  Water.  Grapefruit.  Waking up without a sugar hangover.  That general healthy feeling.  They [you know, the 'experts'] say that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit.  So, despite my rebellion to resolutions, I am challenging myself to a 21-Day-No-Junk-Food-Challenge.  


*Not listed: No Fun!  Just kidding.  This really isn't that hard.  Nowhere does it say "No coffee" on that list.  [And thank god...I'm holding coffee in one hand as I write this. ]  Health and fitness are both so important to me so I would really like to get back to my healthy diet.  Honest to blog, I believe that I am a better person when I'm respecting my body.  

Is there an unhealthy habit that you are having trouble eliminating?  Whether it's smoking, gossiping, rage blackouts...If you're ready to make a change, jump on the 21-day cycle with me.    

xox,

E

P.S.  Today is Day 1.  I will update you every 7 days!

P.P.S. If you'd like to join me in this challenge, email me at vanattaelin@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you go girls! I love junk food too much, so that's a no-go. However, I will participate in that I will write in my notebook everyday. So far, so good. Doesn't matter what it is...poem, grocery list, quote, blog idea, outfit inspo, doodle, reminders to get an oil change...just decided I needed to write shit down. PS- I am going to drop off your package Friday! My NYR probably should have been to stop procrastinating...

    xoxo BRITT
    www.PardonMyFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love this post, following you ladies!
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete