Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Valentine's Rant

Note to Reader:  
On this Valentine's Day Eve, I am under the influence of cold medication.  Read this rant at your own risk.

photo cred: Urban Outfitters
People love to hate on Valentine's Day.  [Yes, that would be tomorrow.]  But why?  It's just a stupid holiday created by Hallmark, right?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Let's not take it so seriously.  Gawd.  Quite frankly, "Singles Awareness Day" is getting old.  I'm over it.  Yes, I am aware that I am single.  Aren't you?  Don't torture yourself.  Instead, can we just call it "Thursday"?  Or, like, "Wear Something Sexy and Eat Chocolate Day"?  

And besides, are any of us really alone?  Grab your best girlfriends and toast to singledom!  Dear single, you don't need to depend on a member of the opposite sex to get through any day.  Go dancing.  Put on a pink wig and KARAOKE!  Or better yet, soak in a rose-petal-covered bubble bath and treat yoself like the sexy bitch you are.  Being single does not suck.

On the other hand, if you do in fact have a Valentine, enjoy your love fest.  I encourage you to get some.  Don't get me wrong, I will not be seeing Safe Haven tomorrow.  Nor will I be seen in red, pink, or any other blush-colored tones.  In fact, I may even wear head-to-toe black because that's how I roll.  I'm just saying, tomorrow is for all of us.  It is a day for eating chocolate with reckless abandon.  Let's all enjoy it in our own way, single or not.

But for the love of God, if I see one more photo with the caption, I have the best boyfriend in the world!!! He made me the biggest cookie ever and I could just eat him up! #soinlove, I might vomit.  End rant.

xx,

E

4 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL this is gold. I vote we call it "Wear Something Sexy and Eat Chocolate Day"...cuz that is exactly what I plan on doing. And it WILL be head to toe black. Also I just woke up and I was checkin out my Facebook and I had to stop due to all the douchey status updates. I can't...

    xoxo
    www.PardonMyFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I loved this... there *is* a guy out there who is very single and wants you more than you could ever imagine. (Me.) You're adorable. Xoxoox happy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! =)

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete