Friday, March 1, 2013

Tale of Two California's

Where am I?  Boreal Mountain Resort. 

What am I drinking?  Pumpkin spice coffee.  

What am I wearing?  Noah's Burton t-shirt.  Free People pants.  Vintage boots.   

What am I looking at?  Besides this screen, a beautiful view of the snowy mountain.  

I'm falling a little bit in love [that's what Lykke Li said] with this small town on the mountain.  However, as someone with a perfectly healthy obsession with big cities, I am certain that I wouldn't be able to live here without contracting a serious case of cabin fever.  Nonetheless, this trip has been a much welcome escape from the bubble that is Orange County.  I've always thought that southern California and northern California were complete opposites.  And while opposites do attract, I'm certain that this state might as well be split in two.  I mean, for one, the air is completely different up here.  It's so fresh and so clean, clean.  I can breathe.  I mean, really breathe.  Not only that, when the sun goes down, the stars completely light up the sky.  It's spectacular and unlike anything I've seen back home.  Besides the change in climate, the vibe is just different up here.  People are much less focused on fashion and material items.  In fact, I'm fairly certain that I was the only one wearing a floppy hat on the mountain a couple days ago.  One thing that I think we all have in common?  People are cool, easy going, and laid back.  Overall, it's good to be a Californian.  And today, it's great to be in Tahoe.





xx,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment